Tribes are a band that we’ve shown a lot of love for here at Hooting And Howling (one of our editors might be verging on an obsession – in a positive of way, of course). With their second album, ‘Wish To Scream’, seeing release on 20th May, it’s not looking like we’ll stop talking about them any time soon either. So put down your phone, switch off the TV, and take three minutes out of your day to join us on the bandwagon, as we play the latest song to feature off Tribes’ upcoming record.
The track opens with piano melodies and acoustic guitar refrains that entwine and interlace, before kicking into a renewed vigour with anthemic percussion and distorted riffs. Larger-than-life choruses are purpose built to be sung-a-long to with one hand in the air and the other holding a pint – you can practically hear the floor full of fans chanting their hearts out (though that may have more to do with the backing choir).
Slightly stripped back vocals serve as the antidote to the tracks hammer of a chorus; Johnny Lloyd’s distinctive vocals echo with a rock ‘n’ roll twang that makes you fall in love with the band all over again. Screechingly delicious guitar solos bridge the gaps, until your left knees knocking, fingers tingling, grinning from ear to ear.
- no-more-dreaming-like-a-girl likes this
- queen-of-l0wer-chelsea reblogged this from coffeeandcds
- georgiaandthedragon reblogged this from call-me-lavender
- call-me-lavender reblogged this from side-of-my-sofa
- side-of-my-sofa reblogged this from buckethatsnacid
- buckethatsnacid reblogged this from coffeeandcds
- spot-the-train reblogged this from coffeeandcds
- letmetouchyourbeard likes this
- coffeeandcds posted this